The office of United States Senator Bill Hagerty is happy to help in your interactions with agencies and offices of the federal government. This service, often called “casework,” is available to all Tennesseans and covers a variety of issues. The Senator's office inquires about pending cases from passport applications to Social Security and veterans’ benefits and other matters. While we can’t guarantee the outcome of your case, and his office cannot file, adjudicate, or appeal your case, we will work to ensure the federal government is responsive to your concerns and your rights are respected.


Under Senate ethics rules, Senator Hagerty cannot assist in judicial or legal matters, including child custody/support disputes, divorces, criminal trials, lawsuits, or imprisonment matters. Additionally, as a United States Senator, he has no jurisdiction over state issues such as:

  • County social services
  • Medicaid
  • State taxes
  • Domestic disagreements/disputes
  • State criminal justice/court decisions

Pursuant to Public Law 93-579, the Privacy Act, I (i.e., the constituent) hereby authorize Senator Bill Hagerty and/or his staff to request and receive information from the appropriate federal agency or department in reference to my inquiry. This authorization includes written correspondence, telephonic, or any other means of communication. The federal agency or department is authorized to furnish copies of any documents, correspondence, or information relative to my inquiry until the matter is resolved.

Residents of the State of Tennessee can contact Senator Hagerty’s office for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of the state offices and a member of Senator Hagerty’s staff will assist you.


Attach copies of any relevant documentation here. ***Allowed file types: .doc, .docx, or .pdf***

You may upload multiple attachments, however there is a cumulative maximum file size limit = 15MB. You may send additional documentation directly to your caseworker after they have made contact with you.



Sign using your mouse or finger...