Military Service Academy Nominations
As a United State Senator, Senator Susan Collins takes great pride in the opportunity to nominate students from Maine to the United States Service Academies.
To apply you must be:
- An unmarried citizen of the United States with no dependents and;
- At least 17 years old but not past your 23rd birthday on the first of July of the year you wish to be admitted and;
- A resident of Maine. You, or your parents, must claim Maine as your primary state of residence.
And do these two things:
- Contact the academy directly to open a pre-candidate file.
- Apply for a nomination at the same time that you apply for admission to an academy. Nomination applications can be submitted now and must be completed and received in my office no later than 5 PM, October 30th.
In order to complete your file in time for consideration, they must be received in Senator Collins’ office no later than 5 p.m. on October 30th. However, it is recommended that you submit your information no later than September 30th.
Applicants who have completed their files by October 30th, and who are selected for an interview, will be notified of their interview date and time by letter after the October 30th deadline. Interviews are conducted in Bangor and Portland.
Apply for a nomination as early as May 15th , when we begin accepting applications from high school juniors (seniors by fall).