Coronavirus Crisis

Resources for Vermonters


This is an unprecedented moment in American history. We must face this crisis courageously and compassionately.

My office is here — know that we are doing everything we can to fight for you and to be responsive. We have compiled the following resources for Vermonters during this difficult time — I hope you find this information helpful. Do not hesitate to contact my office with questions or concerns. 

We're all in this together.





Vermont 2-1-1: If you are sick and have questions on how to proceed, contact your health care provider or call 2-1-1. Visit 2-1-1's site here:

Vermont Department of Health (VDH): For the most up-to-date guidance on public health measures in Vermont, visit:

  • The VDH has translated information about how to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and stay healthy in 11 different languages: Arabic, Bosnian, Dinka, French, Kirundi, Lingala, Nepali, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese
  • VDH's Vermont Help Link: Visit this new site to find free, confidential information and referrals to substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery services:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: For guidance on how to protect yourself and public health measures on the federal level, visit:

Vermont Health Connect and Vermont Medicaid are accepting applications. If you need health insurance, sign up by calling 855-899-9600 or visiting:

Vermont Department of Mental Health: For mental health resources visit or call 2-1-1

  • Vermont Peer Support Line: To receive non-judgmental support and speak to a "peer" call or text 833-888-2557

Vermont Health Care Advocate: A free resource available to help all Vermonters solve problems related to health care:

Crisis Text Line: For 24/7 free, confidential counseling text HOME to 741741

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: For 24/7 free, confidential support for anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, call 1-800-273-8255


General Information and State Resources:


Vermont 2-1-1: For statewide resources call 2-1-1 or visit:

Vermont Emergency Management: For information on the state's response to COVID-19:

Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development: Visit their new COVID-19 Resource Recovery Center site with information for businesses, communities and individuals:

VT state volunteer site: If you'd like to volunteer your skills and help our state get through this crisis visit:

Office of the Vermont Attorney General: To report a scam related to the coronavirus pandemic, contact the VT AG's Consumer Assistance Program at 1-800-649-2424 or by email at

Vermont Public Service Department:

FEMA: Information for Vermont manufacturers about how they may help provide medical supplies for front line health care workers and patients:

Social Security Administration: Offices are closed for in-person service. Vermonters should use online services or reach their local office directly by phone. Find information here:

Vermont League of Cities and Towns: Find information on state and local funding in the federal stimulus package here:

How to Report a Concern Regarding Potential Non-Compliance of the Stay-Home Executive Order: here


Food & Nutrition


Vermont 2-1-1: If you're experiencing food insecurity call 2-1-1 for assistance. 

Hunger Free Vermont: How to access food during this crisis — from school meals, to resources for families with young children, to meal delivery programs for seniors — read this comprehensive guide:

SNAP (3SquaresVT) benefits: If your financial situation has changed due to this crisis, you may be eligible for this benefit. To apply call 1-800-479-6151 or visit:

WIC Nutrition Program benefits: If you're pregnant, a caregiver, or a parent with a child under 5, you may be eligible for this benefit. To find more information call 1-800-464-4343, text VTWIC to 855-11 or visit:

School Meals: Contact your child's school to apply for free meals and to find meal sites in your district. More information on how to apply for school meals can be found here:

Meal programs for seniors: Find information about meal delivery programs for seniors by calling the Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119

Vermont Food Bank: Call 1-800-585-2265 or visit:

Vermont Retail & Grocers Association: For information on what retailers and grocers throughout the state are doing in response to the crisis — delivery, curbside pick-up and designated hours:


Economic Services


VT Department of Children and Families — Economic Services Division (ESD): If your financial situation has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may qualify for economic benefits including 3SquaresVT, Fuel Assistance, General Assistance and Housing Assistance. Visit the ESD page here:

Community Action Agencies: For statewide services — including emergency food help, fuel and utility assistance, housing assistance, and referral information —visit: or


Economic Relief Payment Information


Read our full summary and FAQ information regarding the economic impact payments here

Read our update regarding how Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients will receive their payment here

Internal Revenue Service (IRS): Visit the IRS economic impact payment FAQ site for comprehensive information:


Small Businesses and Nonprofits


Read our full summary on support for small businesses and nonprofits here

Small Business Owner's Guide: here

Nonprofit Resource Guide: here

Paycheck Protection Program: To apply for the program with an eligible lender, use this form:

  • Visit for a list of SBA lenders
  • Paycheck Protection Program Overview: here
  • Paycheck Protection Program — Borrowers Information Sheet: here

Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): To apply for a loan, and the advance of up to $10,000, click here:

The Small Business Administration (SBA) coordinates with the Vermont Small Business Development Center, which can assist with applications and help businesses think through their options. Call 802-728-9101 or 800-464-7232, or request assistance here:

Local SBA office: Call 1-800-659-2955 or visit:

Employee retention tax credit: Find information about refundable tax credits available to employers that provided paid sick and family leave to employees due to COVID-19 here:

Small Business Debt Relief Program: Find information about immediate relief for small businesses with existing non-disaster SBA loans here:

Vermont SCORE can assist with EIDL applications. Call 802-764-5899 or email: champlain.valley@scorevolunteer.orgVisit the website here:

The Center for Women and Enterprise can assist women-owned businesses:

Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development: For further business resources:

Vermont Department of Labor:

Vermont Agency of Agriculture: Support for food producers here:


Unemployment Insurance 


Read our full summary on unemployment insurance here

Vermont Department of Labor: To file an initial claim call 1-877-214-3330 or 1-888-807-7072, or complete this form:




Vermont Emergency Management: List of Essential Workers: here

How to File a Complaint about Health or Safety Concerns at the Workplace: 

Career Resource Centers:

Child Care/Early Education


Vermont Department of Children and Families: Child care for essential workers — if you need childcare, fill out this form:

  • If you need child care for foster families, fill out this form as well. 

Vermont Agency of Education: Find information about providing childcare for essential workers here:

Let's Grow Kids: Find information and resources for children and families, early educators, and employers here:

Centers for Disease Control: How to speak with children about coronavirus:




Vermont Agency of Education: Guidance for VT schools:

Vermont Afterschool Inc: Resources for afterschool and youth-serving organizations:

School Meals: Contact your child's school to apply for free meals and to find meal sites in your district. More information on how to apply for school meals can be found here:

Consumer Finance Protection Bureau: Information for student loan borrowers:

Federal Student Aid & COVID-19: Information about relief for federal student loan borrowers:

Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC):




Emergency Housing: If you need emergency housing call 2-1-1

Federal Housing Finance Agency: Relief for homeowners:

USDA Rural Development: Relief for homeowners with USDA mortgages:

Vermont Legal Aid: If you need legal advice regarding your housing situation call 1-800-889-2047 or fill out a request form:

Vermont Tenants: For information and referrals for tenants call 802-864-0099

Vermont Agency of Commerce & Community Development — COVID-19 Recovery Resource Center:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Guide to COVID-19 mortgage relief options:

Public Housing Authorities in Vermont: To apply for public housing and housing choice vouchers (Section 8), visit the following sites: 

Directory of Affordable Housing in Vermont:

USDA Rural Development Multi-Family Housing Rentals:

Champlain Housing Trust: Find affordable apartments, homebuyer education, energy efficiency and rehab loan resources, and financial counseling here:

Vermont Housing Finance Agency: Find information about grants now available to nonprofit housing providers and public housing agencies here:

Mobile Home Program: Find information about support available to mobile home owners and resident associations here:

Vermont Department of Children and Families: Find information about extended housing support for homeless Vermonters here:

Vermont Coalition of Runaway and Homeless Youth Programs:

Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness:


Emergency Responders


Vermont Fire Academy: COVID-19 updates for work/volunteer fire departments — join the mailing list here

State of Vermont: Request personal protective equipment here

Center for Crime Victim Services:




Vermont Immigrant Assistance Project: South Royalton Legal Clinic — Vermont Law School:

Association of Africans Living in Vermont (AALV): 


Intimate Partner Violence


VT Network: If you are experiencing sexual or domestic violence you can still access resources during this crisis. Visit the following site to contact your local organization:

  • Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-228-7395
  • Sexual Violence Hotline: 800-489-7273

Legal Resources


Vermont Law Help: COVID-19 legal benefits and updates for Vermonters:

Legal Services Vermont:

South Royalton Legal Clinic — Vermont Law School:




Vermont Area Agencies on Aging: Information and help for older Vermonters and their families:

Meal programs for seniors: Find information about meal delivery programs for seniors by calling the Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119

Vermont Senior Centers:


Resources for Vermonters with Disabilities


Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living Department: Find information for developmental services providers here:

Green Mountain Self Advocates: Find information about peer support here:

Vermont Meals on Wheels:


Military Personnel


Department of Defense: 




U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Coronavirus FAQs — What veterans need to know:

VA White River Junction Medical Center & Community Based Outpatient Centers (CBOCs):

Vermont Veteran and Family Outreach: Available 24 hours a day — call 1-888-607-8773

Vermont National Guard Family Programs:

Veterans Crisis Line: Available 24 hours a day — call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255. Find more information here:

  • Support for deaf or hard of hearing, call 1-800-799-4889

VA Debt Management Center & COVID-19: If you have a VBA benefit debt and need financial relief, call 1-800-827-0648. Find more information here:

Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs: Benefits and services for Vermont veterans:

Vermont Veterans Legal Clinic: South Royalton Legal Clinic — Vermont Law School:


Traveler Information


Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

U.S. Department of State- Bureau of Consular Affairs:

American Citizens Services and Crisis Management: Information and assistance for Americans overseas experiencing emergencies:

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program:

Department of Homeland Security: Information about COVID-19 screening and traveler restrictions:

Vermont Stay-Home Order:



How Can We Help?

My Burlington office has a team of experienced caseworkers who help Vermonters navigate federal agencies every day. If you think my office can help you, please do not hesitate to call 1-800-339-9834 or (802) 862-0697, or click here

If you would like to share your thoughts on pending legislation, or if you have an idea that we could address through new legislation, click here