Do You Know a Health Care Worker Who Needs Help With Student Loans?


Dear Fellow Vermonter,

The bad news is that as a result of the pandemic our doctors, nurses and other health care providers are under enormous stress.

The good news is that, because of an historic investment in the American Rescue Plan, help is on the way for many. Today, health care workers in Vermont can apply now to participate in the National Health Service Corps and receive student loan repayment by working at specific health care facilities throughout our state that provide care for underserved populations. But the deadline for applying is February 3rd

So, if you know a nurse, doctor, dentist, or other medical professional with student loans who might benefit from this information, I’d ask that you please forward this email to them. This is the largest ever federal loan repayment and scholarship program and we want to make sure everyone knows about it.

For information on eligible sites, including those in Vermont, use National Health Service Corp’s Health Workforce Connector.


How to Apply by the February 3 Deadline


If you are currently a health care provider, I encourage you to consider applying for this historic funding by February 3. If you know someone who might benefit from this program, consider sending them this information today, before the deadline passes!

To apply, please see below: 

  • National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program Apply here.
  • National Health Service Corps Substance Use Disorder Workforce Loan Repayment Program Apply here.
  • National Health Service Corps Rural Community Loan Repayment Program Apply here.
  • For more information about these programs, read here.
To all the health care workers out there, I want to thank you for all that you are doing. I urge you to take a look at these programs, and see if they work for you. 

To all the students who are considering a career in health care, I encourage you to sign up to receive information about the National Health Service Corps Scholarship program. If you are prepared to serve in a medically underserved area, you may be able to have your medical school, nursing school or dental school costs fully paid. 





How Can We Help?

My Burlington office has a team of experienced caseworkers who help Vermonters navigate federal agencies every day. If you think my office can help you, please do not hesitate to call 1-800-339-9834 or (802) 862-0697, or click here

If you would like to share your thoughts on pending legislation, or if you have an idea that we could address through new legislation, click here

Receiving this email as a forward? Click here to sign up for the Bernie Buzz.